It’s almost here, one of the best wedding shows that Ottawa has to offer for 2017. Tie the Knot Urban Wedding show is happening this February at the Ottawa Conference & Event Centre from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Why should you attend a wedding show?
A wedding show is a great place to start your planning because you’ll get to meet a whole host of local vendors who are showcasing the best they have to offer.
- You can set a realistic budget if you are in the early stages of wedding planning. You can get almost instant quotes.
- Meet the vendor that would likely attend your wedding if you hired their services: rapport is so important in the vendor/client relationship.
- You will be privy to limited offers that are not made available outside the show. (hint, hint)
- If you’re further into the planning process and want to scope out your potential vendors, this is the time!
- Learn about new ideas and trends, it’s like a real life pinterest board!
- Free food samples! Pssst….I may be giving out a little something sweet.
- To have fun with your closest friends/fiancee. I always like to look at any event as an opportunity to get out and do something I don’t usually do.
Canadian winters don’t boast a lot of indoor activities, so if nothing else, attend just to get out! I might be in the minority here but I like to attend events where I can walk around and meet new people. Because it means I am getting out of the house, and experiencing something different
I will be there, let me meet you!
I am extremely excited for this because in the almost five years I’ve called Ottawa home, this will be my first wedding show here. Conversely I have had a booth at two shows in Toronto since then. Now that I have embraced my new hometown, I am so ready to shoot more in Ottawa.
I am still coming up with a bucket list of wedding venues here. I know that it will not be a small one because the city is crawling with character and charm. In 2016 I also embraced the Ottawa creative community and got to know them more; my gosh do we have major talent here!
I am still working on my booth design, but I would love your input as a future bride. What would you like to see in your potential photographers booth? What could you live without?
WIN FREE TICKETS
So this is why you’re here, you heard I have some tickets to giveaway. I will be running a giveaway every week until the show on February 18. It will be for five tickets each week. You can enter as many times as you like, and it’s EASY.
How to Enter:
- Sign up for my mailing list (I will never share your email, and I promise not to spam you).
- Tag three friends under that weeks post on social media (either FB or IG).
It’s always nice to get more entries!
Not necessary, but you can get an extra entry every time you share a post (any post) on social media and tag my pages in it. Yes, it can be your best selfie, a ring shot, or your cat. Really, I am not picky. I am on Instagram, Facebook & Twitter. Just make sure it’s a public post so that I can see it and count it.
The winners are drawn at random, but remember the more you share the more chances you have.
LAST CHANCE TO ENTER FEB 11:
Not into contests?
If you don’t want to chance it, you can buy your tickets here.
RSVP to the Facebook event page so your friends know you’re going! Maybe they will be interested too. Bring everyone!